top of page


Columbia Township

Rita Plata

(440) 236-8802

If Rita is unavailable, questions or concerns can be sent to the Columbia Township Trustees. Click here for contact information.

  • Does Columbia Township have income tax?
    Columbia Township does not collect an income tax or any type of payroll tax.
  • Does Columbia Township offer no-fee paper shredding?
    Yes! Lorain County residents can drop off paper materials to be shredded during regular business hours at the Lorain County Collection Center. Download flyer below for information and details.
  • When does the Road Department chip branches?
    The Road Department chips branches during the first full week of February, April, June, August, October, and December (weather permitting). Please have branches with the widest end facing the road by 6 a.m. on Monday of the week of chipping. It is not necessary to call the Road Department or Township Office to schedule chipping.
  • Need a new driveway culvert pipe?
    TOWNSHIP ROADS: If you live on a Township road, contact the Road Department at 440-236-8862 or the Township Office at 440-236-8802. The Service Director will review your request and provide you with the cost. Installation is scheduled after the culvert pipe is paid for at the Township Office. Culvert prices are subject to change. COUNTY ROADS: If you live on a County road, contact the Lorain County Service Garage at 440-326-5880. STATE ROUTES: If you live on a State Route, contact the ODOT District 3 Service Garage at 440-774-6681.
  • How do I sign up for garbage service?
    Columbia Township does not provide garbage service. Residents are responsible for contracting with a waste provider. Three companies provide service to Columbia Township: LEGACY WASTE AND RECYCLING – 440-723-8483 REPUBLIC SERVICES – 440-458-5191 RUMPKE – 800-828-8171
  • Where can I drop off old medication and other household waste?
    Lorain County offers year-round drop-off for unused medications and other household waste materials. Download flyers below for information and details.
  • How can I lower my NEORSD bill?



All grave decorations not permanently affixed to monuments must be removed
by April 1st . Remove all loose items including but not limited to solar lights,
wreaths, and stuffed animals. Everything glass will be removed.



Spring Cemetery Cleanup

Cemetery Cleanup
bottom of page